Frequently Asked Questions
Riders that are not able to perform the basic control skills required in the course will be removed from the class and no refund will be given, so it’s important that you choose wisely. If you have been riding on the street for a season and are comfortable operating your motorcycle, the BRC2-LW should be a good fit.
On the other hand, if you are uncertain of your skills… if you are intimidated riding your own motorcycle or having difficulty being in control on the street… if you are a rider returning to motorcycling after a period of not riding, then you might want to consider the BRC as your entry point to training.
The BRC has the same road test license waiver benefit as the BRC2-LW, but it will start from scratch covering basic skills. You will receive extended practice on smaller (250cc and under) street motorcycles that we provide and generally gain the skills and confidence to transition to your own motorcycle on course completion.
If you are having trouble deciding, give us a call and we can discuss it!
You can see the full schedule, plus availability for each location, by clicking here.
- MSF eCourse certificate
- Street-legal motorcycle with inspection sticker attached
- Proof of motorcycle registration & insurance
- Valid NYS driver’s license (and a copy)
- Valid NYS motorcycle learner’s permit (and a copy)
- DOT compliant motorcycle helmet
- Eye protection (face shield or goggles)
- Long-sleeved shirt or jacket
- Full-fingered gloves
- Durable long pants (denim or equivalent; no holes!)
- Sturdy over-the-ankle boots (no sneakers!)
- Rain gear (classes run rain or shine)
Do not wait until the last minute to ensure that your motorcycle is operational and inspected and that your paperwork is in order. There are financial penalties for canceling/rescheduling your class.
You will receive specific details on what to bring once you are enrolled.
Please consider that you will be outdoors for extended periods in ambient weather conditions. You will spend a good portion of the day expending mental energy as you learn new skills.
To reschedule, first cancel your existing class, and then re-enroll in your new class. Follow the instructions in your BRC Confirmation email.
IMPORTANT! If you reschedule to a different class, you MUST cancel your existing class or you will be charged for both classes!
- If you cancel your class seven (7) or more days before your class start date, you will be charged a $20 processing fee.
- If you cancel your class within seven (7) days of your scheduled course you will be charged a $100 processing fee.
- If you cancel within 24 hours of your class start time, fail to show up, or show up after training has begun, you will be charged the full course fee.
- If an emergency comes up and you need to cancel on the day prior to your class start, please notify us by telephone, 315-858-3321. If we are able to find a last-minute new-student enrollment to fill your vacated spot, we will reduce the BRC cancellation processing fee to $100.
If you would be interested and available to move to an earlier course date than the one for which you are scheduled…Our enrollment system will accommodate a limited number persons to be waitlisted per class. Visit our enrollment system to place your name on a waitlist for a particular course date. Please limit your waitlist sign-ups to a single class. People on the waitlist will be notified in order with a 30-minute window between notifications. After that, the open spot will be made available to the general public. The spot will show as available until someone enrolls and claims it. A waitlist notification is not a guarantee of a spot in that class; you must respond to the notification and enroll in the new class date to secure the spot.
If you sign up to fill a waitlisted spot, you MUST remember to cancel your existing class, or you will be charged for both classes. The enrollment system will not automatically cancel your original class. You must do that manually. Cancellation fees will apply.
Naturally, if your personal schedule changes and you learn that you will no longer be available on your waitlisted dates, we ask that you remove your name from the waitlist to make room for someone else.
Check back on our website periodically; additional classes may be added. If you reschedule to a different class, you MUST cancel your existing class or you will be charged for both classes! Cancellation fees will apply.
NOTE: If your scheduled class starts within the next 7 days, and you reschedule to a class that starts even earlier in the next 7 days (for example, you were scheduled for a Thursday start date, but rescheduled to the Monday class that starts three days earlier), please call our office to cancel your original class as the enrollment system will charge the larger “within the week” cancellation fee. In this circumstance, we will reduce the cancellation fee to $20.