Frequently Asked Questions
Out-of-state license holders may participate in the BRC2-LW, but they will not be eligible for the NYS Motorcycle Road Test Waiver. Contact your home state to see if they will honor a completion card from this program. Please call our office with any questions: 315-858-3321
You can see the full schedule, plus availability for each location, by clicking here.
- MSF eCourse Certificate of Completion
- A street-legal motorcycle (must have valid NYS Inspection Certificate attached and pass the RiderCoaches’ safety inspection)
- Valid NYS Motorcycle Registration
- Valid motorcycle insurance card (FS-20/FS-21)
- Valid NYS Driver’s License (plus a photocopy)
- Valid NYS Motorcycle Permit (plus a photocopy)
- A DOT compliant motorcycle helmet
- Eye protection (face shield or goggles)
- Long-sleeved shirt or jacket
- Full-fingered gloves
- Durable long pants
- Sturdy over-the-ankle footwear (at least one inch above the ankle)
- Rain gear if rain is expected (classes run rain or shine)
You’ll get specific details on what to bring once you are enrolled.
*If you feel that there are motor skill ability, age, physical condition or
language limitations that may limit your ability to learn to ride, please feel
free to contact our office to discuss what provision can be made to assist
a) Check back on our website periodically; additional classes may be added and/or cancellations by other students may create an earlier opening. You may reschedule using the confirmation number in your confirmation e-mail. A $20 fee will apply. NOTE: If your class starts within the next 7 days and you want to move to an even earlier available course date, please phone the office to reschedule, as the on-line enrollment system will charge a larger reschedule fee.
b) If you would like to be considered for last minute fill-ins (within 24 hours of a class start date/time), please email us with your preferences. You might specify a particular date that you desire or a general interest in an earlier date – please specify if you are available weekends or weekdays – and we will put you on the cancellation list.